Hair removal laser developed by Cutera is a pioneer on the world market. Its effectiveness lies in the technology of the versatile NDYag 1064 nm laser combined with the high power of the alexandrite 755 nm laser. This device also developed an innovative sapphire cooling glass, which guarantees greater safety, efficiency and patient comfort regardless of the type of hair and skin phototype.
Secret of the procedure
- The alexandrite laser – with a wavelength of 755 nm is also highly effective in removing light and thinner hair. This laser is considered the “gold standard” in laser hair removal in people with phototype I-III.
- NdYag laser – 1064 nm long, which is safely used for epilation in people with dark skin (phototype IV-VI), also tanned and when the hair follicles are deep in the skin (e.g. on the face).
Laser hair removal
Does laser depilaton always have to be painful?
The Alexandrite Excel HR laser uses energy of the order of only 10-18J / cm2, which, with high affinity for melanin, makes it focus on heating the hair root and minimally warms the skin. Thanks to this, the treatment is almost painless and does not involve the risk of skin burns. IPL devices emit, unlike lasers with one wavelength, the entire spectrum in the range of about 600-1200 nm. For this reason, more energy of 40-50 J / cm2 is required during the procedure. Compared to both diode lasers and IPL devices, the procedure is almost painless and does not involve the risk of patient burns.
In more sensitive people, especially in some areas, e.g. bikini, the skin can be local anesthetized about an hour before the procedure.
In what areas can depilation be used?
Virtually anywhere on the skin. Most often we use depilation around:
- face (lip, chin, neck, sideburns),
- armpits, arms,
Treatments are performed on both women and men.
How should I prepare for the procedure?
- The skin cannot be tanned (at least 3-4 weeks before the procedure, you should not sunbathe, and in exposed places, e.g. on the face, use sunscreen.).
- Hair should be shaved a few days before the treatment so that it protrudes slightly above the skin surface.
- Do not remove hair mechanically, e.g. with wax. Their lack reduces the effectiveness of the procedure.
Usually no side effects are seen after the procedure. In rare cases, there is a slight redness of the skin which disappears after a few hours.
The hair loss process takes place within 1 to 3 weeks after the procedure.
Should the treatment be repeated?
Yes. Usually, 3-6 treatments are performed to get a lasting effect. The need to repeat the treatments at intervals of 4-6 weeks is due to the fact that each hair undergoes changes in the hair cycle and effective hair removal is possible only in the growth phase (anagen). The number of necessary treatments depends on the type of hair and skin.
Indications and contraindications
- excessive hair growth
- inflammation of the hair follicle.
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- skin infections, wounds and recent surgery,
- fresh tan,
- the use of herbs and photosensitizing drugs.
At the Dr. Stachura Clinic, Excel HR Cutera procedures are performed by:
Specialist in Surgical Nursing